"Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness and to seek your direction and guidance. We know Your Word says: "Woe to those who call evil good", but that is exactly what we have done.
* We have lost our spiritual
equilibrium and reversed our values.
* We have ridiculed the absolute truth
of Your Word and called it Pluralism.
* We have worshipped other gods and
called it multiculturalism.
* We have endorsed perversion and called it
* We have exploited the poor and called it the
* We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare.
* We have
killed our unborn and called it choice.
* We have shot abortionists and
called it justifiable.
* We have neglected to discipline our children and
called it building self-esteem.
* We have abused power and called it
* We have embezzled public funds and called it essential
* We have insitutionalised bribery and called it sweets of
* We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it
*We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called
it freedom of expression.
* We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our
forefathers and called it enlightenment.
Search us, Oh GOD, and know our
hearts today; cleanse us from every sin and set us free. Amen!"
was immediate. A number of legislators walked out during the prayer in
In 6 short weeks, Central Christian Church, where Rev. Wright is
pastor, logged more than 5,000 phone calls with only 47 of those
The church is now receiving international
requests for copies of
this prayer from India, Africa and Korea.